Mid-Year Review

As the year is flying by I don't want to let it go without paying carful attention to the important things. I've been inspired by Alieen from Lavendaire to take a few moments to check-in to see how I'm going.

If you want to see how Alieen does it, and many other amazing life tips (I do highly recommend) then see her video here.



Here I'll go through the questions from the worksheet linked in the video description.


WHAT HAVE I ACCOMPLISHED SO FAR THAT I AM PROUD OF?

Let me think what have I actually accomplished?
● Obtained tickets to Ed Sheeran's concerts in March next year.
● Written and produced an EP
● Other assignments; WOW, my post-modernism project was ages ago, I kinda miss the pop culture classes. There are always TED talks I suppose...
● Attempted a dating podcast.
● Released My Perfect Post Planner.
● Broke my laptop.
OH! ● I started a new job. I really hope I haven't lost it. Man, putting my ability to adult has had some pretty crushing results.
● I lived alone for a month; I realised I am the kind of person who vocally greets and says goodbye to their house.
● I made an attempt at writing a mailing list.

I think though, my biggest personal achievement has been establishing a real thirst for knowledge, and working out how to get it. I have listened to many audiobooks and podcasts and watched many videos just to keep filling my head with new skills and information and lessons. I just love it.

Professionally my most proud accomplishment is just staying in the game. I mean with my degree because it's dang hard work sometimes, and my location is not good for anyone's mental state with the rain and bitter cold. I've somehow stopped myself from dwelling when I don't want to work on an assignment. Still after this year, that's it for studying. I have seriously had enough.


DOES THIS YEAR FEEL ALIGNED TO MY YEARLY THEME SO FAR? WHAT CAN I DO TO LIVE MY THEME MORE FULLY?

I knew going into this year that I would find it hard to put any time into something too abstract, so my theme was 'Happy'. This comes from battling with depression and my intention was to do more of what makes me happy and stop things that weigh me down.

One such thing was reading Girl Online: On Tour. I just had to stop. All because of one character who made the main character, and myself through being a highly sensitive and anxious person, rather uncomfortable. I do not agree with the notion of having characters we love to hate. If I hate the character I want their actions brought to light and their motives made impossible but that doesn't mean I will enjoy their destruction. I don't know...I'm getting too deep. Basically I stopped enjoying the book so I put it down and I'm not going to waste my time on something I don't want to do.

What I could do to live my theme of Happy more fully is quit worrying about promises I feel exist to other people. This is not out of being selfish but being an anxious person those supposed obligations can make me feel very not happy. These promises include keeping a gift from a friend that I don't have a passion to keep or obligation to my future self to save money. I still need to know where to draw the line.



WHAT WERE MY GOALS FOR THIS YEAR? WHAT CAN I ELIMINATE OR CHANGE TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT MY GOALS?

I didn't have a list of goals this year aside from pass and be able to graduate. Of course that includes a large number of individual tasks, but I think I can note down some others.

● Pass and Graduate
● Try a path in my career that actually uses my degree
● Have an amazing Zoella style Christmas (Yes, I am already excited for Christmas because I have learned the earlier you start the festivities the better as December 25 is when the party is all over)
● Pay my family members back for my Ed Sheeran tickets
● Find my own place
● Convince Mum to do the Konmari method
● Diminish my amount of plastic trash and consumption


WHAT ARE MY TOP 3 PRIORITIES FOR THE NEXT THREE MONTHS?

My quarterly goals I have listed in this video, but my top three would be:
● Bring home zero plastic grocery bags.
● Post a video every 2 weeks.
● Read 2 books.




Please respond to this post with something that you are proud of achieving this year. Let's make it a link party.

xxoBeka

Comments

Popular Posts